adra data-verified=

Coming Soon

More information

Sheltered housing

CCG has sheltered housing units across Arfon and Meirionnydd. Each sheltered housing site has a designated Supported Housing Officer to provide support to tenants so they can live independently.

The service includes:

  • Support visits to your home (minimum 45 minutes a week). Available Monday to Friday. These visits can be beneficial for someone who is lonely and requires company and support (regular welfare checks) establishing safety and security. The Supported Housing Officer can provide advice or assist on a range of housing related matters
  • Assistants where necessary to help manage money and pay bills
  • Links and referrals to other agencies, such as; shopping or cleaning service by Age Cymru, Citizens Advice Bureau, adaptations, homecare (Social Services) etc.
  • A Personal Support Plan based on your assessed needs
  • Installation of a 24hr emergency alarm system (telephone line must be installed)

NOTE: The Supported Housing Officers are not able to carry out duties such as shopping, cooking, cleaning and personal care. These are the responsibility of care organisation such as, Age Cymru, Social Services and Home Care.

Who is eligible to live in sheltered housing?

You will need to meet one (or more) of the following criteria:

  • Age 55 or over
  • Disabled

You must also need the services provided by the Supported Housing Officer.

Where are CCG’s sheltered housing sites and what facilities are available?

We have the following sheltered housing sites. Click on the title to see full details:

Bro Llewelyn, Penrhyndeudraeth

Cysgod y Coleg, Bala

Pentre Uchaf, Dyffryn Ardudwy

Hafan Deg, Barmouth

Cae Catrin, Penygroes

Lôn yr Eglwys, Penygroes

Bryn Llwyn, Penygroes

Trem yr Wyddfa, Penygroes

For more information on any of our sites, see the links below or you can contact us on 0300 123 8084 for an informal discussion.

How can I apply for sheltered housing?

If you would like an informal chat with one of the Supported Housing Officers about a specific shelters housing site (including costs and services), please feel free to contact us on 0300 123 8084.

If you are interested in one of our Sheltered Housing sites, please contact the Housing Options Team at Gwynedd Council on 01286 685 100 to note your interest. You may be expected to complete or update a housing application form.

More information about the Supported Housing Service in the Community can be found here.

Independent Living Accomodation

Independent Living Accommodation is perfect for older or disabled individuals or couples who enjoy living independently, whilst still receiving services from the Independent Living Co-ordinator:

The Old Palace, St Asaph

Back to top