Frequently asked questions

I have been a victim of crime and my property is damaged – what do I do?

Firstly, you will need to report this to your local police station by calling 101. They will issue you with a Crime Reference Number. Once you have the number please contact our Contact Centre on 0300 123 8084 to arrange a repair.

Why can’t I ask for a specific appointment on a specific date or time?

When you contact us to report a repair we will offer you an appointment that’s convenient to you but influenced by the days we are working in your area.

We cannot guarantee a specific time as we don’t always know how long it’s going to take us to complete the previous appointment, but we can give you an idea and try our best to stick to this time. If you have any specific access issues such as leaving for work at a certain time, please let us know at and we will try to accommodate your needs.

If the appointment time is no longer convenient it’s important to let us know and we will change it.

Why am I being asked to take a photograph or my repair?

You may be asked by our Contact Centre staff if you can take a photo of your repair and send it to us.

A photo could help us ensure we allocate the most appropriate staff and help us understand more about what work is needed before we send someone out to your home. This will help us minimise the amount of times we need to visit you to get the repair work sorted.

You can currently send us the photos by email or through our Facebook page.

My repair is for the outside of my home, will I get offered an appointment?

Yes, where practical we will offer you an appointment at the first point of contact regardless of whether the work is for the outside or inside of your property.

For all external works, you will be offered a specific date only. The reason for this that it gives us more flexibility in planning our resources and can help us address unforeseen circumstances.

Please note that our ability to complete external works can be affected by weather conditions. If we need to change an appointment due to bad weather conditions, we will contact you to let you know and to rearrange an alternative date.

Am I entitled to decorating vouchers following a repair?

We will not issue decorating vouchers following repair work.

Back to top